Dec 4, 2014 – 2014 VoIP Service Provider Market Research: 2nd Annual Report With Extensive Original Data
Broad Survey Shows Distinct Trends in the VoIP Service Provider Market
Williamstown, Mass – Neutral provider of VoIP technology Platform-as-a-Service VoIP Logic has published its 2nd annual market research report tabulating the results of information gathered from almost 400 VoIP industry professionals representing, primarily, small and medium-sized VoIP operators. The report, entitled 2014 VoIP Service Providers: Demographics, Sales and Technology is available free of charge with the completion of a short survey.
“In 2013 we began researching VoIP Service Providers so we could better understand our partners and prospects. We are particularly interested in sales and technology trends affecting smaller VoIP Service Providers.” says Micah Singer, VoIP Logic CEO and author of the report. “Because the data was so compelling, we expanded our research efforts in 2014. The result is a more thorough report from a larger and more concise data set. To receive the report and to help us write the next one which will be available in 2015, please complete the survey (here).”
Among the notable finds in the 2014 VoIP Service Provider Market Research Report:
- 67.5% of Service Providers are willing to outsource some or all of their core operational (revenue generating) technology.
- Both the selection of telephones and other customer premise equipment (66.8%) and the selection of network type (80.1%) are considered to be very important or crucial to the success of the opportunity.
- The three most prevalent services sold by VoIP Service Providers are Hosted PBX (61%), SIP Trunking (54%) and Data Networking, which includes IP, MPLS and point-to-point circuits (33.9%).
- Over a third of all VoIP Service Providers (34.1%) do NOT have a disaster recovery strategy that employs geographic redundancy or failover in the event of a disruption of service at their primary site.
- The three most desirable characteristics when selecting technology for a VoIP service offering are Expected Uptime (33%), Stable and Well Regarded Technology (33%) and Cost (20%).
- The three most highly ranked characteristics that contribute to a successful commercial strategy – sales and customer retention – are Existing Customer Relationship (52%), Pricing (13%) and Customer Support (9%).
About VoIP Logic
VoIP Logic is a managed services provider of Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) – notably Hosted PBX and Unified Communications – technology to carriers and service providers. By providing best-of-breed technology in a Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) delivery model, VoIP Logic allows our Service Provider Partners to dramatically reduce the cost and complexity of running a communications service. With our geographically dispersed, redundant infrastructure providing unparalleled uptime, Service Providers can design and incorporate technology systems and solutions into their service offerings with a high level of control, with substantial economies of capital and operations while working with an experienced and credentialed engineering team. As a platform-only provider, we are 100% neutral and focused on the success of our partners. VoIP Logic is based in Williamstown, Massachusetts.